HOW CAN I FIND OUT THE BEST BROW TREATMENT THAT WORKS FOR ME?
To find out the right brow treatment for you several factors have to be taken into account – your natural brow shape, skin type, medical history, lifestyle and overall desired look. From a tweeze and color tweak to lamination or something semi-permanent like microblading or microshading – visit us for a complimentary consultation to help you decide.
WHAT ARE HD BROWS?
HD Brows is a bespoke eyebrow treatment that is totally tailored to you – not a brow stencil in sight. It’s so much more than a standard eyebrow tint and wax; our expertly trained stylists combine our unique design formula with custom-blended colour, hair removal and make up application for brows that suit you. Our stylists work with you to create your perfect look, whether your wish to tame bushy brows or regrow over-plucked brows.
MY BROWS ARE OVER-PLUCKED AND SPARSE - CAN I STILL GET HD BROWS?
Our stylists work with you on a regrowth programme to achieve the perfect brow shape. In the meantime, you can fake it with make up application, demonstrated by your stylist. Use our Lash & Brow Booster to encourage hair growth.
HOW OFTEN SHALL I PERFORM HD BROWS, BROW HENNA OR BROW LIFT TREATMENTS?
Re-growth differs between individuals, but we would usually recommend having these treatment every 4-6 weeks.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MICROBLADING AND BROW LAMINATION?
Microblading is semi-permanent make up treatment, which can last anywhere up to two years. It is a minimally invasive treatment where pigment is deposited into the epidermis layer of the brow skin to create a crisp fine hair stroke, blending in those strokes with your natural hair creating an incredibly realistic look. It is great for filling in sparse patchy brows or creating a brow to compliment a women’s facial features!
With Brow Lamination it is a process that lifts the eyebrow hairs from the root and using a setting lotion we can then brush and set these hairs in any desired direction to create a fuller, fluffier and denser brow. Lamination can last up to 6 weeks.
WHAT’S A BROWS RE-GROWTH PROGRAMME?
For some, the perfect brows might just be one treatment away. However those with sparse or over-plucked brows may need to be put on a re-growth programme. Your artist will educate you on the areas needed to grow in so the shape can be improved at each appointment. You’ll also be educated on the best make-up to use on any gaps in your brows until your dream brow shape has been created.
WHAT IS SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP?
Semi-permanent make-up is a treatment where we use a tool and ultra fine needles to gently deposit pigment into the epidermis layer of the skin. This treatment can be done for the eyebrows (also know as microblading or micropigmentation), lips, eyes, scalp, areola or any other area on the skin as required. Due to the technique, type of pigment and insertion of the pigment into the first layer of skin only the results of the treatment are semi-permanent and last up to 2 years only. We numb the skin prior and during the treatment to minimize any discomfort.
Due to in advancements in techniques and technology the results of semi-permanent make-up treatments are realistic and usually undetectable leaving you with very natural and subtle enhancements.
WHAT SHALL I AVOID PRIOR TO MY SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENT?
Prior to your appointment, the below pre-care tips must be followed:
- Discontinue the use of any Vitamin A/Retinol products two weeks prior.
- Avoid tanning or using sunbeds two weeks prior so we can assess your natural skin tone.
- Avoid face scrubs or chemical peels two weeks prior.
- Avoid Botox or filler treatments two weeks prior.
- Avoid AHA treatments two weeks prior.
- Avoid picking, tweezing, waxing or performing electrolysis one week prior.
- Avoid taking Fish Oil or Vitamin E one week prior as these are natural blood thinners.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood three days prior.
- Avoid coffee consumption 2 hours prior to your appointment.
- Avoid exercising on the day of your appointment.
- Feel free to come in with your makeup on so our technician can see your everyday look you prefer. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of are always welcomed. We will then work together to create the perfect shape!
- Although allergic reactions to the pigments are rare, it could be possible for certain individuals. We suggest a pigment patch test for individuals who have high skin sensitivities or are sensitive to: Topical makeup products, Metals (Gold, silver and nickel), Paints, Lanolin, Hair dyes.
WHAT SHALL I EXPECT POST A SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENT?
Here’s what to expect within the first month post-treatment:
- Day 1: Your treated area will look perfect and natural.
- Day 2-5: Your treated area color will appear very dark. This is normal for the treatment and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals.
- Day 5-10: You will notice slight scabbing in your treated area. Do not pick at the scabs as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the treatment.
- Day 10-30: You’ll notice the color is very light; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in semi-permanent make-up. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out even though the surface of the skin is healed.
- Post 1 month: Your treated area will be healed, and the true color will fully set in.
- Post touch-up (recommended 4-12 weeks post first session): Your treatment will look and remain perfect and natural.
I'VE HAD PREVIOUS TATTOO WORK DONE ON MY EYEBROWS, CAN I STILL PERFORM MICROBLADING?
If you have any tattoo work done in the past, we recommend you come in for a complimentary consultation. Our artists will assess the color, condition and age of your tattoo and provide you with a recommendation accordingly. In some cases, we recommend laser removal of your tattoo before having the treatment done, so as to achieve the best results possible.
WILL HAIR STOP GROWING FROM MICROBLADING?
No, the microblading treatment does not go deep enough into the skin to damage any hair follicles.
ARE MICROBLADING OR SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENTS SAFE FOR PREGNANT OR NURSING WOMEN?
No, there is not enough evidence to say if semi-permanent make-up is suitable for pregnant or nursing women therefore we do not recommend.
IS SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP A TATTOO?
Semi-permanent make-up is not a traditional tattoo as it fades away anywhere between 6months – 2 years, this is because of:
- Pigment is deposited into the first layer of the skin, where as in tattooing it is deposited into the 3rd layer of the skin.
- The type of pigment used is organic pigment that the body absorbs over time and does not include titanium dioxide that the body breaks down, leading to horrid tones of pink, green and blue.
- Finer needles and new techniques used
HOW PAINLESS ARE SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENTS?
To ensure that you have a comfortable experience from start to finish, the artist will apply a numbing cream prior and during the treatment. Most customers say they don’t experience discomfort, and the ones that do say its no big deal!
HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF I MAY BE ALLERGIC TO PIGMENTS OR TINT?
A patch test is recommended for all customers, however this is optional. Patch test must be applied at least 48 hours before the treatment to minimize any risk of reactions. Many extraneous factors can affect your sensitivity to pigment and this is likely to change between each appointment.
WHAT IS THE LASTING POWER OF SEMI-PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENTS?
The results can last anywhere between 6 months to 2 years. This can vary depending on the treatment performed, individual’s skin condition and lifestyle.
IS A TOUCH-UP NECESSARY FOR SEMI=PERMANENT MAKE-UP TREATMENTS?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-12 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during first session and will need to be refilled in a follow-up session.
DO LASH TREATMENTS DAMAGE MY NATURAL LASHES?
If applied correctly and aftercare is followed, they are safe and do not ruin the health of your natural lashes. Avoid rubbing or pulling the extensions and always have them removed professionally to avoid any damage. You natural hair growth cycle is 6 weeks, so your lashes will continue to grow.
HOW OFTEN SHALL I GET MY LASH EXTENSIONS RE-FILLED?
We recommend re-fills about 2 to 3 weeks after getting your lash extensions. Your natural lash growth cycle causes your lash to fall out every 4-6 weeks, so re-fills involve filling lash extensions into gaps where your own lashes have fallen. We also advise that after a few re-fills you let their lashes rest for a minimum of 1 month.
CAN I STILL WEAR EYE MAKE-UP AFTER LASH EXTENSIONS?
You can still wear make-up, just make sure to use oil-free make-up remover as the oil can cause adhesive to break and your lash extensions to fall. We also recommend to avoid mascara as keeping your lashes clean will optimize the duration and quality of your results.
WHAT IS THE MILLION DOLLAR FACIAL?
Working your skin from the outside in, this treatment has been designed to deeply exfoliate dead skin cells and remove non terminal hair, polish the skin, flush toxins, increase and stimulate our natural collagen and cell turnover. This method will heavily increase the absorption of any active ingredients by 80% as opposed to 8%. The treatment involves skin analysis, dermaplanning, advanced skin needling, lymphatic drainage massage and hyaluronic acid mask.
WHAT IS MESOTHERAPY?
Mesotherapy is a facial treatment where we insert a cocktail of vitamins using micro-needles to stimulate the fibroblast cell in the skin to boost collagen production, treat various scars and wrinkles and to plump the skin and make it look more radiant and youthful. 4 sessions of treatment with 2 weeks between each treatment is recommended for optimal results.